Monday, January 22, 2007

Waiting Game

Nature needs to figure out a better way.

I mean seriously. I feel like a bowling ball. I am 5 days over my due date and terrifyingly enough my midwife is talking about inducing labor. Ack. It would figure that little one is going to take after her mommy.

I think she is hitting the baby equivalent of a snooze button.

Not now, thanks. Maybe in a couple more days, mom.

Anyway...I really shouldn't complain as I have had it pretty easy so far. Not much in the way of morning sickness, back pain has stopped, the horrendous allergies that plagued me for my entire second trimester finally stopped. The only thing bothering me now is not being able to get comfortable enough to get any decent sleep, and rolling out of bed to waddle down the hall to pee 6 or 7 times a night.

But I am ready for this little one to be here. Before my due date I was terrified and scared to give birth but all of a sudden, now I just want to get the whole labor thing over with. I am ready to meet my daughter already! I keep doing odd little obsessive things, like raising and lowering the side of the crib repetitively (as if it will suddenly cease to work, or I will spontaneously forget how to work the thing) and refolding baby clothes over and over again. I've also turned into a neat freak.

At any rate I go see my doctor tomorrow, so I should find out if she wants to induce, or if I'm dilated at all yet, or what.

We shall see.