Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Talk About Jumping The Gun

So I spent most of last night researching this whole "failure to thrive" crap that the Old Asshat tried to pin on my daughter, and you know what?

She doesn't have any of the symptoms. Not ONE.

She isn't below the fifth fucking percentile in weight, she's at the 25th. Below average a bit, but nothing to warrant the crap he pulled.

She's right on target with her height and her mental and social development. She does everything a baby her age is supposed to do.

She's not unresponsive or excessively sleepy, she doesn't avoid eye contact. Nothing.

So basically an exam that should have led to a normal conversation about how we could get her to up her weight a bit led to accusations of neglect and threats of having CPS take my baby.

When I go back today I'm getting that fucker's name and I am filing a complaint. This shit is ridiculous.

Not to mention, hello, I'm not exactly big myself. I'm 5'3 and before I got pregnant I weighed about 100 pounds soaking wet. Pregnancy was the only thing that's ever made me gain weight my entire life. And I've already burned off 30 of the 50 pounds I gained without even fucking exercising. My mom was tiny when she was young, my aunt is tiny, her daughter is tiny, my sister is tiny. DOES ANYONE ELSE SEE A PATTERN HERE?

I swear I feel like I'm going to burst a blood vessel.

Anyway, in better news, I got reviewed by the ladies at So Many Blogs, So Little Time.

Nothing like an awesome review to boost your spirits.