Saturday, February 24, 2007

Enough Is Enough

Alright, this is getting ridiculous.

Before I get into my main topic here, just let me say that Pampers Baby Dry SUCK. We got a giant package of them at my baby shower and hey, free diapers right?

Baby DRY? They should have called them Pampers Baby-Will-Wake-You-Shrieking-At-3AM-Because-Of-Massive-Pee-Explosion. Twice. Yea.

Anyway.

My husband is missing the danger signs. You already know about the whole other woman after his nuts thing, but get this. He has gone out to hang out with his friends nearly every night this week. Monday we actually both went to our friend's house to toss a few back and relax baby-free. So I'll give him that one, since we both went. Tuesday we stayed home. Wednesday he SPENT THE NIGHT over at the same friend's house after getting sloshed on Vodka and playing pool half the night. Thursday he kinda stayed home, but only because he didn't come home from the night before until about 4 in the afternoon. Last night he went driving to League City with HER. Yes, that's right. Tonight he is currently over at his other friend's house playing X-Box. And tomorrow night he is going out to play pool.

Lest you think me a doormat, this is after I had a long conversation with him last night about how he never helps with the baby (he always has some shit-poor excuse like, "I don't feel good. My head hurts. I'm tired. I'm hungry. In a minute, I'm gonna go smoke a cigarette. Holy god, it's a poopy diaper. This one's all you.") and seems to want to go out every night, leaving me with her, even though by this point I'm pretty damn exhausted, as "that's what mommies do."

Yes, he actually said that.

Now, he does love his daughter. And though it may kinda sound that way, he is not going to go running off into the night and leave me a single mom or anything. I think he is just having problems, well, growing up. I think it's hard for him to accept that hey, he has a kid now, and the freedom to do whatever he wants, whenever he wants, is no longer there. Only I don't seem to be able to get this thought through his thick skull.

Have I mentioned that he isn't working yet?

And that SHE has invited him to a Toby Keith concert, JUST THE TWO OF THEM, and he wants to go?

God, this makes me look pretty bad all written out. But I swear, I really am not one of those meek little housewives that lets her husband push her around. It just kind of all seems to happen whether I protest or not, and before I quite realize it he is off out the door again.

Well, enough is enough. I have been holding back thus far, thinking maybe he would get it out of his system and settle down a bit, but that doesn't seem to be happening. I didn't want to have to go all St. Helen's on him but it seems I am left with no choice in the matter. I think he is just going to keep up what he is doing until I murder him in my sleep or take the car and run away to Vegas, sans baby. Which of course I would never do. Although I have thought about just mysteriously disappearing for a few hours and leaving the baby with him, no warning, just so he can see what it's like for me.

At any rate, like I said, I think when he comes home tonight we are going to have a long talk. I have tried being nice and accommodating and gently suggesting and slightly more pissily suggesting and it hasn't worked. So tonight my Uber-Bitch is coming out. He is going to see my POV one way or the other.

Thanks for the support guys, and I'll let you know what happens tomorrow.