Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Humans-The Next Step!

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone!

I think humans should lay eggs. Wait, hang in there. Think of how easy birth would be. Just pop out a nice, contoured egg, instead of a squirmy baby full of knees and elbows and such. Pregnancy would only last like, 2 months, then we'd just have to incubate our little eggy babies. No morning sickness, no achy backs, no heartburn, no huge belly to cart around, no stretch marks...wouldn't it be nice? Then you'd just wait for your little one to...urm, hatch...and bam, little bundle of joy, sans hours of painful labor.

Well, I think it's a good idea. Notify whoever's in charge of this whole human evolution thing. Platypuses (platypi?) lay eggs, and they're mammals.

Easter would be kinda weird. And people probably wouldn't care for scrambled eggs anymore. Yech.

Anyway.

Little one is doing well. She's been a bit of a fussy butt the last few days, but I don't think it's bad enough to be considered colic. Just a case of the grumps. And as a giant YAY, Dad might not have to leave me for 2 months to go on that job, since we're going to try to sell the house and then all move together, instead of this whole split up while he goes to make some extra moola while I try to sell the house thing. I hated the idea from the get go. So hopefully the house sells soon.

Now that I think about it, wouldn't it be neat if we were marsupials? Pop out a little baby the size of a bean and then carry them around in our pouches for a few months. No fuss, no muss. By the time they leave the pouch they'd be walking and feeding themselves. Neato. I think I like this better than the egg idea, as I'm rather attached to scrambled eggs with cheese.